Check out this new delicious recipe from Pnuma contributor Kelsey Loper!
"I am an avid hunter and angler that doesn't let anything go to waste. Being a hunter athlete, you can always find me running the mountains or training horses."
Stuffed Elk Shells
This is a simple and delicious way to enjoy elk with an Italian twist. Venison is easily substituted for elk. Enjoy!
- Alfredo sauce(16 oz)
- 2 cups cooked chopped or ground elk (or venison)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli-chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 box jumbo shells cooked
- 1 to 2 cups red spaghetti sauce
- Season salt and garlic salt to season meat
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
Chop broccoli and elk (or use ground elk or venison), cook, and season to taste.
Mix elk, broccoli, alfredo and cheese together. Spoon into pasta shells. Spread red spaghetti sauce on bottom of 13x9 cake pan. I put tin foil on bottom to help with the clean up. Place stuffed shells in pan and bake 35 minutes.